Change Your Name

Name Change Procedures

Download a Change of Name Form

Submit the completed form and supporting documents via email: or fax to 732-445-4238. You can also submit in person at your campus location.

Policy on Name Changes on University Records

In the interest of accuracy, validity, and legality, it is important that all official records compiled at the University are consistent. Student records are maintained in the name given by the student on the Application for Admission form. If, in your initial application, you used a shortened version of your legal name (Sue for Susan, Ginny for Virginia, Tom for Thomas, Mike for Michael, Chris for Christopher, etc.), or, if you neglected to include a middle initial and you would like to have your diploma printed in your legal name, you must complete a “Change of Name” Form prior to applying for graduation.

Students may change their names by filing the University’s “Change of Name” Form with their college registrar. This form also serves as an affidavit that the new name will be used without the intent to defraud or commit criminal activity.

Some internal records, such as microfilm and microfiche, cannot be changed, and the University is not responsible for the use of different names on this type of record. The college registrar will change all other records.

Students are responsible for supplying the University with correct information. The University is not responsible for delays or errors resulting from incorrect information provided by the student.

The University requires that students use only one name at a time. A fee will be charged if a new diploma or I.D. card is issued, or if any other unusual expense is required to change the name.

Note:The Registrar’s Office requires two forms of identification (one MUST include a State/Federally issued picture ID, such as a Driver’s License, a Passport or a Permanent Resident Card), showing official recognition and usage of the new name. Other supporting evidence might include a Notarized Marriage Certificate, a Court Order documenting a name change, voter registration, a social security card, or bank documents.

A “Change of Name” Form must be submitted to change the name on University records. The University will cross reference all former student’s names.