Applying for Aid
RBHS students must complete the FAFSA to receive financial aid.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
Step 1: Determine if you are eligible to receive federal financial aid
- Enrolled at least half time?
- A U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen?
- Not in default on any federal education loans?
- Making satisfactory academic progress?
If you answer yes to all of these questions, you are eligible to receive aid.
Find more information: Eligibility – Scarlet Hub (rutgers.edu)
*students convicted of a drug felony are not eligible for federal student aid
Step 2: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Federal School Code: 002629
You will need:
- Your Social Security Number (and your parents’ social security numbers if you are providing parental information).
- Your Driver’s License Number (if you have one).
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen).
While completing the FAFSA, you will be asked to supply information from your taxes. If you have already filed your taxes, you can use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to easily import your tax information on the FAFSA. If you have not yet filed your taxes, you may select “will file” where appropiate. Come back later to fill in your tax information.
For more information: IRS Data Retrieval Tool – Scarlet Hub (rutgers.edu)
Students and/or parents who are not required to file a federal tax return may proceed to step 3.
Step 3: Complete the Federal Direct Loan Master Promissory Note
Federal Work Study Program (FWSP) for RBHS Students
RBHS students who are eligible for the FWSP can contact your campus financial aid office for more information.
Exit Counseling & Handbook
Review the exit handbook for important loan repayment information, and reference the directory of contacts to contact your lender and other key agencies. You can also attend an exit counseling session.